Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival, Spring 2014: Lava Lovin'

The Blogger's Quilt Festival snuck up on me this spring! Lots of things have been sneaking up on me this spring though, truth be told. At any rate, I'm looking forward to spending spare hours going through the many wonderful submissions.

I completed this baby quilt earlier this spring for a dear friend of mine. The excellent pattern is called Mod Pop (available here) but I've named my version "Lava Lovin'" because the "blobs" remind me of a lava lamp. Groovy baby, indeed.

Read my original post about the finish here.





Quilt Name: Lava Lovin' 
Pattern: Mod Pop by JuliePickles (great pattern, by the way--really clear and easy to follow)
Fabric: Pretty much everything in my stash that was green, orange, aqua, yellow, or navy; and the backing fabric is Patty Young's "Just My Type" in Retro Clover
Size: 42" x 49"


Thanks for visiting!

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Dropping by from BQF and, oh it's you, I love that there's no identity to each quilt image! Fab quilt, love all those fabrics and how all the brights pop against the dark, great backing fabric too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is awesome! I love how the black contrasts against the bright colors. The backing fits very well with the theme. The name is perfect too. This quilt pattern reminded me of something and I couldn't figure it out until you mentioned it. Definitely lava lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version of this pattern!

    ReplyDelete