Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: New Project

What's this? A new project? I didn't take the vow of finishing old stuff that the rest of the quilt blog universe did, so I feel totally unrepentant about this. :) I started sewing this together while streaming the "Tupperware" American Experience documentary from PBS after I was on a documentary high from the great "Henry Ford" feature they aired last night. I loooove American Experience so much. You go, PBS. Did you know that you can see many of their documentaries for free in their commercial-free entirety on their website? You can. Give them a look!


I am super excited for this quilt, because it's the first one I'm making to keep for myself. This makes me extremely happy! Sneak peak, my inspiration is this one by Rita. Pretty traditional, but I'm going to love it. I'm using Ruby and Vintage Modern for it, so it's going to be one girly quilt. But that's ok. Because it's mine! :)

Linked with Freshly Pieced.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is going to be gorgeous, soft and romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for starting something new and something for you. The hourglass quilt is very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great already :) I'm excited about working on my first quilt to keep too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. I follow you and love your content! Congratulation! ~Kare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry! My blog is www.prettyladybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got the Tupperware piece lined up now ready to watch. I used to sell Tupperware very successfully back in the 80s so looking forward to watching this! Looking forward to seeing more of your girly quilt as you progress :)

    ReplyDelete