Just a quick update on my hourglass quilt! After three years (ok, not really, but it seemed like it) of trimming these little blocks, I finally started assembly! Thanks to those who responded on the last post--I decided to cheat it, and I think it will work fine. None of them were off by very much, and I want to keep as much of my beautiful fabric in the quilt as possible!
This is my super-scientific way of mixing blocks up to get a random look. I've also heard of putting them in the dryer, but I live in an apartment, and didn't feel like spending $1.50 just to mix up quilt blocks. So I put them in a paper bag, shook them around, and then unleashed them in my living room.
I was watching "Singing in the Rain"--totally forgot how funny that movie is. Hooray for 31 Days of Oscar on TCM!
"Moses supposes, his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously!"
Here's my layout. I changed a couple of the red blocks in the lower left.
And here's why I always take a picture of my layout, even if I change it later. I swear, that stupid cat can be curled on the couch for 12 hours straight, but the second I go to the bathroom or something, he's all over this.
Finally got all of these lined up and ready to sew (not pictured: aftermath of Bingley running through these too.)
I finally got to start sewing rows together last night, and it's so fun to see things start to come together. Of course, after the first row, I promptly broke my machine (I've got thread tangled in the bobbin area.) I'll get out my manual and fiddle with it more today, but it was 11:30 pm and I decided to just call it a night.
Linking up with Freshly Pieced!