Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day: Happy July!

First day of July! Like most of us, I'm not sure how it came to be July already. I've had a great summer, although (unsurprisingly) less has been accomplished in the dissertation area than might be hoped. Ah well.

I don't have a lot of big project finishes this month, owing to a typically nomadic summer for me that found me in Michigan for over a month with only my little sewing machine! Still, it was nice to try some new things, such as bags.

June 2012 finishes!

I've got one quilt top done, and another in the works, so my July finishes will have more quilts!

There's one picture in my collage I haven't blogged about yet-- my new pincushions! I made these this afternoon out of some scraps. I didn't have one before, and now I have two. Easy and cute!


I'm linking up with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day and also the Small Blog Meet! I'm looking forward to checking out some other new blogs!

Lily's Quilts

Lily's Quilts

Happy Sunday!


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Bags are a lot of work, and it looks like you got FOUR done, which is incredible. They are all so cute too! :) And I already told ya how much I loved that table runner you made for your friend. Nice work this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! It's been nice to have some time to try new things!

      Delete
  2. Looks like some lovely work you have done there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects look lovely. I saw you over at fresh sewing day : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pincushions!! I don't have any either and am thinking of making one that straps to my sewing machine or one like your's! What did you use to stuff them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just got a bag of fiberfill at JoAnns--the smallest, cheapest kind they had, nothing fancy. :) And you should make both kinds, in my opinion. :)

      Delete
  5. Great projects. I love the orange bag. What is the the pattern for the bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! The orange bag is actually the same bag as the green one next to it-- it's reversible! I made up the pattern, so I can't direct you to anything helpful for it-- but I might use that for my tutorial on the Plum and June Blog Hop, so stay tuned!

      Delete
  6. Where in Michigan did you end up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Grand Rapids for the bulk of it, with visits to East Lansing and Rochester Hills. Are you a Michigander? (Michiganite? Michigonian? I don't know what the correct demonym is!)

      Delete
  7. I love your table runner, the colours are so fresh and summer-y.

    ReplyDelete